Physiotherapy is a treatment that helps restore or maintain mobility functions in various parts of our body. It is a common therapy that focuses on holistic well-being and is generally used as a means for physical rehabilitation, injury prevention, and improving health. Physiotherapists providing the best physiotherapy in Bangkok will offer their advice, help you feel more confident in managing your condition, address your concerns regarding your condition, and set up goals to help keep up your activity levels.
A physiotherapist generally helps treat joint and muscle problems. It is also considered a healthier alternative to surgical procedures for some cases that are not that severe. The process starts with a simple Q&A wherein the physiotherapist will ask you about the details of your condition and help you better understand it.
When can you opt for the best physiotherapy in Bangkok?
If you are suffering from chronic pain or have an injury that has affected your movement and mobility, you can opt for physiotherapy after consulting with your concerned doctor. There are several surgical procedures that require physical rehabilitation post-surgery such as knee replacement, hip replacement, and such. Most doctors also suggest physiotherapy for patients with heart diseases. Another critical aspect to consider while opting for physiotherapy is insurance. It is imperative for you to check with your insurance provider if physiotherapy is included in your plan. If not, you will have to bear the entire cost of the treatment.
What can physiotherapists help with?
Physiotherapists are focused on both prevention and rehabilitation. However, the approach and intensity may differ for all treatments. There are times when physiotherapists use a combination of treatments to rehabilitate a patient based on their health condition. Generally, a physiotherapy Edmonton can help you with the below-mentioned problems.
- Problems with muscles and skeleton that cause pain in the back and neck region.
- Problems in bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, and such. These conditions generally include patients with arthritis, broken ligaments, or people suffering from after-effects of amputation.
- People with lung problems such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or cystic fibrosis.
- Problems with heart and blood circulation. Physiotherapy is commonly used to rehabilitate post a heart attack.
- Problems with bladder or pelvic issues that are fairly common in women after childbirth.
- Problems with the brain or nervous system. These generally include patients with Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), or effects that lasted after a stroke.
- People getting treated with cancer normally experience pain, extreme fatigue, swelling in various body parts, stiffness, and loss of muscle strength in primary body parts.
How can physiotherapy help?
Physiotherapists are trained professionals with experience in restoring and maintaining movements in your body. They help patients better understand their problems and provide solutions to manage the effects of their conditions.
Managing your pain
The first step towards rehabilitating is managing your pain. A physiotherapist providing the best physiotherapy in Bangkok will help you by suggesting means to curb your pain and uneasiness. Some common suggestions include using ice packs, doctor-approved medications, heat packs, splinting, TENS, and such.
The most important aspect of physiotherapy is maintaining consistency. Physiotherapy does not yield results overnight. You will have to work hard and stay consistent with your efforts to witness effective results. A physiotherapist helps you in being consistent with your efforts and gradually increases the frequency of your treatments for effective results.
How can I find the best physiotherapy services in Bangkok?
There are several means to find a good physiotherapist in Bangkok. You can ask your GP for a suggestion or you can browse through healthcare platforms to find the most relevant fit.