A business trip abroad should be not only fruitful but also safe and relaxed. Meet the four biggest challenges associated with such kinds of trips abroad.
1. No Internet
Nowadays, mobile Internet on any trip is a must. It is hard to imagine that during a business trip you will be completely cut off from contact with the world and, above all, with your company. There are solutions to this:
- Special travel sim card. The cost of such a SIM card is much lower than the cost of roaming, the operation is extremely simple, and you do not expose yourself to the dangers of using public Wi-Fi networks.
- You can use instant messengers to stay in touch with your company even without SIM cards with the help of Wi-Fi. For example, the YollaCalls app has the cheapest call rates to Nigeria and other countries around the world. This is a smart, modern, and cheap technological solution for your enterprise.
You should pack well for a business trip from Central America. It is best to pack medicines and valuables — electronics and documents — in hand luggage. On the other hand, try to pack the main baggage with things that, if lost, can be replaced or dispensed with. Baggage should always be tagged, save the address and phone number of the place where you are going to stay. It is worth considering luggage insurance, as it often includes electronic equipment taken on such trips.
3. Communication Barrier
If you do not know the language of the country you are going to, it is worth taking an interpreter with you on your trip. Thanks to this, moving around a foreign country will be much easier, and business negotiations will go smoothly. It is also worth equipping yourself with short phrasebooks and regularly studying foreign languages.
4. Low Battery
The charger and power bank are two must-have devices that you should take with you on your trip. Nowadays, you can charge your phone in many places, but the smart one is always insured. The power bank will allow you to charge your phone anytime, anywhere, regardless of weather or time of day.
Business Trip Tips
The activities of employees of modern companies are inextricably linked with periodic trips to other settlements. You can get the most out of a trip if you pay due attention to its planning:
- At the stage of organizing a trip from Central America, you need to contact partners, customers, and counterparties with whom you will communicate at the destination. You should compare their schedule with yours in advance to choose the best time for meetings.
- Think about where it will be more convenient for you to communicate — in the office of a partner company, or on neutral territory.
- You should choose your hotel very carefully. It is recommended to choose hotels equipped with the necessary attributes of a business trip — the availability of Internet access, office equipment on the territory, a telephone with a direct city number, and other important conditions. Many hotels have special offers for travelers in their room stock. These rooms are equipped with a private work area with a desk, fax, and other elements necessary for a guest.
- If the business trip is related to holding an off-site seminar, you need to find out if there is a conference room on the territory of the hotel with video communication capabilities, a projector, and other equipment.
- You should find out the diet provided at the hotel, and the approximate menu of regular cafés and restaurants, if these parameters do not suit you, it is recommended to find out in advance about catering establishments located near the hotel.
Proper organization of your working time during a business trip is a skill necessary for any modern businessman.
Getting Ready for a Long Flight
Very often, business trips involve long flights. All preparatory activities should begin in advance. This way you won’t forget anything and avoid unpleasant surprises when you check-in for the plane from Central America.
For you to feel real comfort onboard the aircraft, we advise you to take with you:
- Comfortable clothes. It is better to forget about belts, jewelry, and fashionable shoes.
- Warm socks and an extra jacket. Sometimes it’s cold in the cabins of the aircraft. These things will help you.
- Wet wipes. You will also need to wipe your hands with something before eating and the table after eating.
- Toothbrush and paste. Such travel accessories relieve the unpleasant sensation in the mouth after eating.
- Chewing gum. With it, you will forget about stuffy ears during takeoff and landing. In addition, it will allow you to refresh yourself at any time.
- Noise-canceling headphones or earplugs. With their help, you can easily protect yourself from unnecessary conversations, screams of children, and other sounds.
- Pillow and blanket. With these things, you can enjoy even the longest flight. You can use the blanket and pillow offered by the airline, but it’s always nicer to bring your own.
- Eye mask. This accessory is a real find for those who cannot fall asleep in the light.
- Long flights are always associated with boredom. If you carefully approach the choice of entertainment, your flight will be interesting.
- If you don’t want to be severely dehydrated, try to drink as much drinking water as possible. Particular attention should be paid to the choice of healthy food.
- During the flight, try to change your position as often as possible, stretch, walk around the cabin, and do leg exercises.
Today, business trips abroad are rapidly gaining popularity. There is one simple explanation for this: when traveling for work, people get the opportunity to solve all business issues and relax. Business tourism originated a very long time ago, in the time of Christopher Columbus. Travelers gave the world a huge number of great geographical discoveries, and at the same time competed with each other, not forgetting to relax and enjoy new views, and sketch them. If we translate this into today’s language, then all these travelers made ordinary work trips.