“Science knows no country because knowledge belongs to humanity and is the torch which illuminates the world.” – Louis Pasteur
Science has always fascinated millions of young minds. The vast area of the subject has given students lots and lots to study and research about different things. Science can be found everywhere. There are many chapters in your textbook just like there are millions of places to visit around the world. But you only visit important places. Similarly, you need to focus on some chapters more as compared to others, to score better grades in your class 8 Science exam. Science is one of the subjects where learning is never-ending. There is so much to learn, so much to experiment and yet you might feel that you haven’t studied enough. Hence, if you are studying science, you should never skip the questions. Here is the list of chapters that are important for the class 8 science exam:
- Crop Production and Management
This is an interesting chapter that teaches students about the process of crop production and management. Readers will learn everything about crop production and management. This information will help students solve questions that are asked in the exam from this chapter.
- Microorganisms: Friend and Foe
You can easily spot chairs, desks, books, electronic devices, and other people. However, what you cannot see is the fascinating world of microorganisms that are constantly surrounding you. Some of these microorganisms are good for your health, and they help you lead better lives. Does this further raise questions like which microorganisms are good or bad?
- Synthetic Fibres And Plastics
It includes different topics like exposure to many fibres like nylon, rayon, melamine, and bakelite, hazards of plastic on the environment, use of plastic as a choice, benefits of plastics, and meaning and types of synthetic fibres. This chapter deals with the type of cloth we use in our daily life.
- Materials: Metals and Non-Metals
In this chapter, students learn about the world of metals, non-metals, their properties, and their uses. This chapter will help the students to classify elements into metals and nonmetals based on their properties. Physical properties, chemical properties and the uses of metals and non-metals are also explained in the chapter.
- Coal and Petroleum
Coal and petroleum have been the main source of energy that drives our homes and machines. In this chapter, students learn how fossil fuels are formed. They also learn how it takes millions of years and the right conditions for coal and petroleum to form. It tells us how the brilliant discovery of fossil fuels has catapulted the growth of human civilization towards a better future.
- Conservation of Plants and Animals
This chapter focuses on various techniques for the preservation of wildlife and plants and also states different ways by which it gets polluted.
- Cell Structure and Functions
This is one of the most important topics. You will have a clear idea of various parts of a cell such as a nucleus, cytoplasm, and organelles. Also, you will get to learn the difference between eukaryotes and prokaryotes. This chapter covers the concepts of chromosomes, cell shape and function, parts of the cell, plant, and animal cells.
- Reproduction in Animals
This chapter gives you detailed knowledge about asexual and sexual reproduction, modes of reproduction in animals, fertilization and its different types, binary fission, budding in hydra, and the reproductive organs.
- Reaching The Age of Adolescence
Adolescence is the most crucial time of life that attributes the growth of the body and mind. Biological maturation leads to certain psychological and social developments in teenagers, which students learn about in this chapter.
- Chemical Effects of Electric Current
This section involves understanding more about different effects produced after a current is passed through distinguishing conducting solutions.
- Some Natural Phenomena
The chapter on some natural phenomena has seven sections. Here’s how they are divided –
- Lightning – It describes what lightning is and how it is perceived in recent times compared to ancient times. It further encourages students to perform a homemade experience to learn how electric charge is associated with lightning.
- Charging by Rubbing – It uses an activity to urge students to understand this natural phenomenon. With the help of this activity, they can experience it first-hand and comprehend the topic better.
- Types of Charges and their Interaction – There are two activities that candidates can perform at their homes to understand this concept better. In one experiment, students can use two inflated balloons and rub them with a woollen cloth. Once finished, they will observe that both of them are not coming together.
- Transfer of Charge – They get to know about electroscopes, a device used to check whether an object is carrying a charge or not.
- Story of Lightning – Before a thunderstorm, the air currents move upwards, and the water droplets move downward. It separates the currents. When the accumulation of these charges becomes high, it causes lightning or electric discharge.
- Lightning Safety – It includes the places that are safe during such situations, and the dos and don’ts. This section further discusses light conductors and their importance in protecting buildings.
- Earthquake – This sub-topic explains the definition and causes of an earthquake and how one can stay safe during this natural phenomenon.
- Stars and the Solar System
Students learn about outer space and the universe where they will learn about different planets in the solar system, celestial objects like the moon, stars, constellations like Orion, the sun, asteroids, meteors, different planets, and comets.
There are a few more topics to focus on but these are the most important ones so pay good attention to them. Happy learning!