Clenbuterol is originally a drug to treat asthma and help people breathe normally. However, in the sporting world, the drug is infamous for its illegal use to increase muscles and enhance performance.
Major sporting events including the Olympics have restricted the use of Clen due to its unforgiving side effects and risks associated with it. But how does it work and why do athletes keep using it despite being illegal in most parts of the world? Let’s try to find out.
Clenbuterol: What is this?
Clenbuterol is a beta-2 agonist as well as brochodilator. It works as a decongestant that reduces chest congestion, making more airways by softening the smooth muscles, thus improving the overall breathing process.
The drug is banned in USA and FDA has allowed its use only in liquid form for horses to treat lung conditions including pulmonary disease. Until a few years ago, animal farms had been using it to increase muscle mass in livestock to up the production of meat but that was banned as well.
How Does It Help Athletes Gain performance?
Being a sportsman is not easy since they are always on limits regarding their body proportion and weight. They have to go through extensive physical activities to keep them in shape.
Now, clenbuterol helps athletes gain extra strength and performance in many ways. Here are a few:
- The drug is also known as an energy enhancer. Once taken, it adds to the blood and creates the same sensations as the adrenaline in your body. The person may feel an instant boost in energy, attention, and energy.
- The drug increases metabolic energy by heavy perpiration. This helps the body lose fat significantly in a short period. However, it might reduce the long-term stamina.
- As mentioned above, the drug widens the air passage by loosening the blood vessels, allowing easy airflow to the lungs. This enables the lungs to consume more oxygen which is very helpful during extreme physical activities.
- Clenbuterol is also believed to push more blood into muscles, which gives additional strength for extensive physical tasks such as weightlifting, sprinting, and so on.
- It also increases the protein production inside cells which eventually helps a person gain muscle mass while losing fat due to increased metabolism.
- The increased protein levels caused by the drug can also be helpful in the formation of new muscles and repairing damaged ones, in case of an injury. That’s why athletes rely on Clenbuterol for a speedy recovery. Athletes can easily Buy Clenbuterol UK with prescriptions from doctors.
All the above-mentioned benefits are based on the trials performed on animals only. There is no scientific proof that any of these would or should work on humans. However, it’s not a secret anymore that the drug is extremely popular amongst professional athletes including sprinters, bodybuilders, and even professional wrestlers.
Side Effects and Risks
Despite being a rapid muscle gainer, Clen has some serious side effects which can turn deadly at some point. Here are a few of those:
- Long-term usage of the drug may cause damage to normal cells including those inside hearts.
- The person may experience strong withdrawal symptoms if he/she stops taking it after using it for a long time. This might even lead to serious depression.
- Regular doses keep the blood pressure and heartbeat high which may result in serious heart conditions in the future.
- One of the side effects of Clenbuterol is irregular breating.
- Dizziness, body shaking, nausea, and vomiting are some of the common drug side effects.