What according to you is making out till the finish line? Is it a customer who hit the purchase button on your site? Well, it’s almost what all business owners want. Customers when purchasing online, expect more from the brand. When a business product is unique and worth it, it always needs the best shipping process.
Let’s be honest for a while, the shipping process is not exactly an interesting aspect for business owners. But product delivery is the most essential step of all. To avoid the trouble with the package sent, e-shipping is extremely important. Customers won’t follow you if the packages sent are damaged, shipped late or contains a different product. To avoid such a dilemma, determine this guide to satisfy your customers.
This guide provides countless delivery options and tons of e-commerce shipping options. Drive through this guide to bliss customers all the way through the sales funnel, from the time they add their product to their cart till that product arrives on their doorstep.
Looking For The Best E-commerce Shipping Solutions?
Solve the difficulties that you go through while shipping a product to its designated location by following some simple points.
- Keep e-commerce delivery simple that allows controlling a business data
- A straightforward delivery process allows the owner to control branding as well
- Find out easy pricing methods to have a hassle-free returns
- Make shipping costs clear for customers when they checkout
- Select the right size of box for your product to be shipped
- Choose the best packaging option
- Make shipping method user friendly
Essential Shipping Terminologies You Should Know
Let’s get into the details of learning the most common shipping terms.
Get familiar with the different shipping carriers and their services.
- USPS: For ground shipping, United States Postal Services (USPS) is the king of options as it delivers locally every day.
- FedEx: It provides a wide variety of shipping solutions and offers delivery at several different price points.
- UPS: It manages customer returns while shipping through various destinations and transit times.
- DHL: It is known for its international shipping capabilities and global reach.
It is the first interaction that a brand directly has with its customers.
- Choose your packaging: There are endless options for packing. Select the best suitable for the type of business you do.
- Custom packing: Give your customers an option to choose their packing. It will create a better customer experience.
- Common packaging mistakes: Avoid making common business packaging mistakes and choose the correct size of box for the product.
- Eco-friendly packaging: As packaging makes up one-third of the household waste, you might want to avoid using eco-friendly options for packing.
3. Tracking shipments & returns:
The shipping process doesn’t end when the carrier delivers the package. A brand should provide a better experience before, during and after shipping.
- Orders management: It keeps the data of receiving, keeping track and fulfilling customer orders.
- Tracking E-commerce shipments: Always make sure to pass the tracking number of a customer, after the package has been shipped.
- Managing e-commerce returns: Have the best e-commerce return process to reduce the headache. You can have a look at Autozone return policy which can help you know everything you need to add in your return policy.
4. Rates & Costs:
Customers expect fast & affordable delivery with cheaper shipping costs. Different sites of e-commerce use different rate structures to charge their customers for shipping.
- Calculating shipping costs: It varies based on different factors like weight, size, the destination of shipping & shipping carrier used.
- Reducing shipping costs: Growing businesses should initially start with lowering their shipping costs
- Offering free shipping: To increase customer loyalty and conversion on the site, free shipping should be provided
- Real-time carrier rates: The exact amount of shipping is pulled out of the carrier according to the location and shown at the time of checkout.
What Are The Most Factual Shipping Strategies?
Put a shipping strategy for your business in place once you have understood all the points mentioned above.
- Back up your store: Ensure to take full data backup and store it somewhere safe. If any issue arises, you will have your data safe.
- Add an extension: Make sure you add an extension that allows you to use different features like tracking numbers or shipping labels.
- Configure settings: Set up the data in a way that you can configure anytime without losing any crucial data.
A solid strategy is essential to take over successful e-commerce shipping. To build customers’ trust and make them follow your website, the business has to play fair & build easy e-commerce delivery. Once you are up with all the terms and steps, start shipping easily. The guidelines you went through above will surely help you solve the tiresome e-commerce shipping tactics.