Data Analysts are professionals who are detail-oriented, organized, work in a structured environment, and love to work with data and numbers. They translate data and numbers into actionable insights in order to help companies and organizations make better business decisions. A data analyst takes the data to find out a hidden variety of things like how to price new material, deal with complex issues that cost the company huge amounts and reduce transportation costs. They bring together theory and practical knowledge to communicate and identify data-driven insights that allow stakeholders, managers, and other executives in an organization to make more informed and useful decisions.
A Data Analytics course prepares candidates for a career as a data analyst by covering the concept ideas of statistical modeling, probability theory, predictive analytics, risk management, and data visualization in the context of a business environment. Data analysts can opt for a master’s degree in analytics that equips them with the database language, programming language, and software programs which are very important for their day-to-day work.
Let us know why you should embark on a career in data analysis and what are top certifications in this domain.
Why Become a Data Analyst?
If someone is passionate about the job, likes to solve complex problems, work on interesting projects, and earns a high salary, then definitely they must choose a career that is related to data analytics. This career gives you a huge opportunity to switch from your bore current jobs and offers you working remotely or even freelance. So if it sounds interesting, it may be time to make a change and get new achievements with data. Get more training and courses here at Six Sigma Online.
Data analytics is a challenging and fast-paced career centered on problem-solving and thinking analytically out of the box. These experts work with a number of different teams who require skills and knowledge to provide them with insights into how they can improve their processes. One of the main reasons to become a data analyst is that they are in high demand, and employers everywhere struggle to find skilled data analysts.
In the US, the average junior data analyst salary is around $51,349 per year and senior analysts can earn up to an average salary of $78,204 that is quite attractive for any individual. Data analytics is a versatile career so experts can work in many types of companies that involve constant learning and help advance the career. They can get opportunities to work for startups, corporates, agencies, or even freelance.
Data analytics is a constantly evolving career and practically, there are no limits to how much you can improve your skills and progress in your career becoming a data analyst. Data analysts can shape the future by defining how a business is currently operating. They can look for changes, stop anomalies, and find patterns that give an indication of how an organization or a company is performing. So it is a good career choice for those who have sound knowledge of mathematics, probability, and statistics.
Top Certifications For Data Analyst
Nowadays, data analysts are in high demand, so some important certifications can give an edge to your career.
- Associate Certified Analytics professional- It is an entry-level analytics certification that involves education in the analytics process through candidates who may not have practical experience yet. It focuses on the analytics process, including business problem framing, analytics problem framing, data, methodology selection, model building, deployment, and lifecycle management.
- Certified Analytics Professional- This CAP certification is a general analytics course that certifies end-to-end understanding of the analytics process, methodology model building, framing analytic and business problems to acquiring data, model lifecycle management and deployment. It requires completion of the CAP exam and adherence to the CAP Code of Ethics.
- Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Data Analyst- This certification holder can demonstrate core analytics skills to load, model, and transform Hadoop data to define relationships and find meaningful insights from the raw output. It also requires passing the CCA Data Analyst Exam which includes a set of eight to twelve performance-based, hands-on tasks on a CDH 5 cluster.
- Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate- This certification is one of several role-based certifications that replaces Microsoft Certified Solution Expert (MCSE). It can demonstrate subject matter expertise in order to enable businesses to leverage their data assets using Microsoft Power BI. This certification holder can design and create scalable data models, transform and clean data, and enable advanced analytics capabilities.
- SAS Certified Advanced Analytics Professional Using SAS 9- This specialized certification validates the ability to analyze big data with statistical analysis and predictive modeling techniques. It also requires passing three exams:
- Predictive Modeling Using SAS Enterprise Miner 7, 13, or 14
- SAS Advanced Predictive Modeling
- SAS Text Analytics, Time Series, Experimentation and Optimization.
SAS Certified Big Data Professional Using SAS 9, Advanced Business Analytics Specialization, Open Certified Data Analyst Associate, IBM Data Science Professional Certificate are a few more certifications to build a career in Big data field.
Benefits of Taking Data Analytics Certification
Data analytics is the fastest-growing field in the IT sector. Several organizations recognize the need to implement data analytics into their daily operations and offer more positions in this industry. Following are a few reasons to get certified with data analytics certifications.
- High Demand- Currently, there is a high demand for analytics professionals who are skilled and experienced. Several companies are looking for ways to explore the power of big data. There are an increased number of organizations implementing analytics and thereby looking for skilled analytics experts. So due to high demand, it is worth learning data analytics and getting certified.
- Huge Job Opportunities- We know that there is a high demand for analytics professionals but there is a deficit on the supply side. There is a large number of unfilled jobs across the globe due to a shortage of required skills. So there is a good opportunity to learn the skills required for this growing profession.
- Salary Aspects- As the demand is high so are the wages. Organizations are boosting the salaries of qualified and skilled professionals. According to a survey report that the Institute of Analytics Professionals of Australia (IAPA) published, the annual median salary for data analysts is around $130,000. In other countries also data analytics are earning a high salary with prestigious positions.
So getting certified with a data analytics certification course is a great opportunity to find your dream job as a data analyst. According to your previous experiences and current requirements, opt for any online data analyst course and get ready to rock the big data field.