If you want to try online roulette but prefer a more authentic and immersive experience, live dealer roulette may be what you’re looking for. It combines the convenience and accessibility of online gambling with the excitement and social interaction of playing in a land-based casino. With live dealer roulette, players can watch as a real dealer spins the wheel and drops the ball while interacting with others in real time.
However, playing live dealer roulette in online casinos like Black Lotus Casino can be overwhelming for beginners. With various types of bets and strategies to consider, it can be challenging to know where to begin. That’s why we’ve put together this beginner’s guide to live dealer roulette.
What Is Live Dealer Roulette and How Does It Work?
Live dealer roulette is an interactive online roulette that employs a live video stream to connect players with a genuine human dealer in a studio or traditional casino setting. The dealer operates a physical roulette wheel and ball, adhering to the standard game rules. This live-streamed experience provides players with a view as if they were physically present, allowing interaction through visuals and audio.
Key Requirements for Playing
To engage in live dealer roulette, you’ll need:
- A stable internet connection
- A device compatible with live streaming (e.g., computer, smartphone, or tablet)
- An account with an online casino offering live dealer roulette games
The Gameplay Experience
Upon logging into your account, you can select a live dealer roulette game from the casino’s lobby and join a table. Your screen will display the dealer, the roulette wheel, the table layout, and the betting interface, allowing you to place bets using your mouse or touch screen. Additionally, buttons on your interface provide options to adjust bet size, review history, access rules, or modify settings.
Playing the Round
Once bets are placed, the dealer will announce “no more bets” and initiate the wheel spin. Players can observe the ball’s trajectory as it moves and eventually settles on a number. The dealer will announce the winning number and color, facilitating payouts accordingly. After this, players can place new bets for the subsequent round or repeat their previous bets.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Live Dealer Roulette?
Live dealer roulette has many advantages over other types of online roulette, such as:
- Realism and immersion – Live dealer roulette offers a heightened sense of realism and immersion, providing a real-time view and audio of the game.
- Excitement and suspense – The game delivers heightened excitement and anticipation as players can witness the ball’s spin and landing on their screen.
- Social interaction – Live dealer roulette fosters social interaction through chat options with the dealer and fellow players.
- Fairness and transparency – Players benefit from increased fairness and transparency, assured that human dealers conduct the game rather than a random number generator.
However, live dealer roulette also has some disadvantages, such as:
- Bandwidth and data usage – Live dealer roulette necessitates more bandwidth and data usage due to the high-quality video streaming involved.
- Potential for slower gameplay – Compared to other types of online roulette, live dealer roulette may experience slower gameplay and offer fewer options.
- Higher minimum bets – Live dealer roulette could have higher minimum betting requirements than alternative online roulette options.
- Limited availability and accessibility – The availability and accessibility of live dealer roulette may be restricted based on the player’s location or device.
How to Choose a Live Dealer Roulette Game and Casino?
There are many factors that you should consider when choosing a live dealer roulette game and casino, such as:
Explore diverse roulette variations like European, American, French, Immersive, or Lightning, each with unique rules, payouts, and features. Each variant presents its own set of rules, payout structures, and distinct features. Align your choice with your preferences and budget.
Opt for a high-quality live dealer roulette game with superior video and audio, seamless gameplay, amicable and professional dealers, and multiple camera views to enhance your gaming experience.
Look for a live dealer roulette game with a user-friendly interface, interactive chat options, comprehensive statistics, history tracking, clear rules, customizable settings, and special functions (e.g., racetrack bets, favorite bets, autoplay) to enrich your gameplay.
Evaluate online casinos based on reputable licenses, stringent security measures (encryption, firewall), round-the-clock customer support, diverse banking options (credit cards, e-wallets, cryptocurrencies), and appealing bonuses (welcome bonuses, reload bonuses, cashback bonuses, loyalty programs). Consider reviews from both players and experts when making your choice.
How to Place Bets and Win in Live Dealer Roulette?
Live dealer roulette is a game of chance and skill. You cannot predict where the ball will land with certainty, but you can use some strategies and tips to increase your chances of winning. Here are some tips on how to place bets and win in live dealer roulette:
- Grasp the Basics
Before you play live dealer roulette, you should learn the basics of the game, such as how to place bets, what the payouts are, the odds, and the different types of bets. You can find this information in the rules section of the game or on online guides.
- Implement a Betting System
Utilize a betting system that guides bet amounts and timings based on previous round outcomes. Various systems like the Martingale, Fibonacci, Paroli, or D’Alembert offer different approaches to managing your bankroll and minimizing losses. Choose a system aligned with your playing style and financial limits.
- Leverage Outside Bets
Opt for outside bets encompassing larger groups, such as red or black, even or odd, high or low, dozens or columns. While these bets yield lower payouts, they boast higher odds than inside bets. Prioritize outside bets for a more balanced risk-reward strategy, reducing the frequency of single number or split bets due to their low odds and high house edge.
- Choose Wisely: European or French Roulette
If possible, focus on playing European or French roulette variations rather than American roulette. European and French roulette wheels have a single zero, resulting in a lower house edge (2.7% vs. 5.26% in American roulette). This difference significantly enhances your winning odds, making European or French roulette the preferred choice.
Live dealer roulette is a thrilling and enjoyable way to experience the classic casino game online. It provides the opportunity to play with a genuine human dealer, an authentic roulette wheel, and a ball, while also allowing interaction with fellow players and the dealer. Moreover, it offers a heightened sense of realism, excitement, and social engagement compared to other forms of online roulette.