Recently many people in my circle reported that they are facing Msvcp140.dll is missing issue after updating windows 10. Well this error is not new, this error first time encountered windows 7, then 8, 8.1 and now its irritating people who are using windows 10. Well, if you are one of those who are facing MSVCP140.DLL is missing error in windows 10; this article will help you resolve this problem.
What is MSVCP140.DLL?
DLL stands for Dynamic Linked Library. All the files in windows Operating system that have extension .DLL at the end of file name are known as DLL files. MSVCP140.dll is a Microsoft C++ Runtime Library file, located in the System32 folder of local drive. This DLL file contains the code of instructions of the components for all those applications that are built by using Visual Studio 2015. One application can use many DLL’s at the run time. Some files are very useful while others are rarely used. This DLL is considered as one of the most used DLL’s by windows 10 and windows 8; that’s why msvcp140.dll is missing in windows 10 appears on many windows OS. Below here I will suggest two solutions by using these tricks you can resolve your PC issues easily.
Download Msvcp140.dll to resolve missing Error
One of effective and easy solution of this problem is to download Msvcp140.dll from well-known site or you can use official site MSVCP140DLL.Com to download this much needed file. This is a light weight file son don’t worry if you have lazy internet connection. What you need to do is:
- Download MSVCP140.DLL from official site.
- Extract the file and Copy it into C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ directory.
- The location may be varying based on different dimensions;if your windows architecture is 64-bit you will find DLL files in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ directory and 32 bit in System32 Folder.
- Open the folder that contains DLL files and search for the missing or corrupted file and rename it with “OLD”.
- Copy the downloaded file and paste that file in the DLL containing folder.
- Now close the windows and click on your windows search button located near start button.
- Search for command prompt. Type CMD in search box and your will find CMD.
- Launch Command prompt as
- Copy below code and paste it into command prompt and press Enter button.
regsvr32 /u MSVCP140.dll
- A new line will start after execution of above line.
- Now you have to Copy this below code and again paste it into command prompt and Press enter.
regsvr32 /u MSVCP140.dll
- You have done it! Now Restart your PC to get rid of the msvcp140.dll is missing in windows 10.
Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package to resolve
This issue always has some link to MS Visual C++ Redistributable package in an. Any disaster of DLL file can be resolved by reinstall or update of MS Visual C++ Redistributable package 1015 or later version. Simply, you have download the file (this is a large file and this may take some time to download). Once download completed you have install it like other exe files. After successful installation you have to reboot your PC to make this change effective. If these both solutions didn’t work for you let us know in comment box and I will suggest you few more hacks to resolve this issue.
You May Also Read: What is a Network Security Key