Homeowners like you may not realise it, but poor home ventilation can have serious detrimental effects on the health and well-being of you and your loved ones staying at home.
When it is cold outside, closing all the windows can lead to the problem of condensation. Are the musty odours and increasing moisture content in the air at home bothering you? If yes, then it is time for you to think about Ventilation Systems NZ.
Here are the negative effects of poor ventilation at home.
Growth of mould and mildew
- High humidity and poor ventilation may result in the growth of mould and mildew on the floor, walls, furniture, and even ceilings.
- Moist and damp conditions are ideal for the growth of mould and mildew at home.
- They can be identified by the presence of blackish or greenish spots and a distinct musty odour.
- If left unchecked, mould can grow quickly and spread across the entire home.
- Mould causes a lot of health problems like allergies, respiratory infection, cold, cough, etc.
- Mould and mildew do not grow in areas that are dry. Hence, installing a ventilation system NZ at home is a perfect decision for homeowners who want to keep the humidity levels low.
- Poor ventilation at home may result in wrinkling and peeling of the painted walls due to excessive moisture build-up at home.
- Damaged walls due to poor ventilation result in unneeded extra expenses.
Strong musty and damp odours
- If you do not have a ventilation system at home or if there is no place for the hot and humid air to leave the home, the moisture will accumulate inside the home.
- Without proper circulation of air, the obnoxious odours will linger inside the home.
- If you are constantly breathing in air with a foul odour, it may result in some serious long-term health problems.
- Without adequate natural ventilation or a ventilation system NZ, it is impossible to get rid of the strong odours at home.
Reduced oxygen levels
Eventually, poor ventilation at home will result in lower oxygen levels and higher carbon dioxide levels. Due to this, you and other family members at home can suffer from frequent headaches, shortness of breath, and fatigue.
Lack of quality sleep
- A sound sleep of at least 8 hours is required for good health.
- If there is poor ventilation at home, it could result in poor sleep due to the high moisture content at home and lack of proper airflow.
- Poor sleep will affect your health, resulting in drowsiness and lethargy throughout the day.
- The presence of dust and high amounts of contaminants at home due to poor ventilation will cause irritation of the eyes, nose, throat, and skin.
- Also, sneezing and a runny nose are common warning signs of poor ventilation.
- Prolonged, poor ventilation at home may result in respiratory diseases like asthma.
If you are a homeowner looking to get rid of the detrimental effects of poor ventilation at home, get in touch with Reliance Ventilation Systems (RVS) today for the best ventilation systems NZ. At RVS, you will come across a range of ventilation systems NZ for you to choose from. The installation of ventilation systems NZ helps stop condensation and control impurities at home.