Regular dental check up is essential to your oral health. You can often prevent potential problems from becoming more severe by spotting them early. Dental check-ups can also help identify and treat any dental issues before they become significant problems. By keeping your teeth healthy, you’ll improve your smile and reduce the risk of developing tooth disease and other oral health problems in the future. . If you live in Long Island City, NY, there is 1311 Jackson Ave Dental clinic that offers routine check-ups and treatments.
Signs of oral health problems in teeth and gums
If you experience any of the following dental problems, it’s time to schedule a check-up with your dentist:
- Gum pain or inflammation
- Loose teeth or teeth that are falling out
- Frequent cavities or tooth decay
- Swelling in your gums due to an infection like stomatitis
- Ulcers, sores, or tender areas in the mouth that won’t heal after a week or two.
- Bleeding or swollen gums after brushing or flossing.
- Chronic bad breath.
- Sudden sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures or beverages.
- Pain or toothache.
- Receding gums.
- Pain with chewing or biting.
Benefits of regular dental check-up
Regular dental check-up are vital to your oral health. By getting professional check-up every 6 months, you can detect and treat any problems early. Some of the benefits of regular dental check-up include:
- Detecting and treating dental problems early can save you from more serious issues down the road.
- Regular dental check-up can also help keep your smile healthy and attractive by detecting and treating any potential tooth decay or gum disease.
- By scheduling regular dental check-up with a qualified dentist, you can ensure that your teeth are kept in good condition and that any necessary repairs or replacements are carried out efficiently and accurately.
Why you should know about Periodontal Disease?
Periodontists, also commonly called gum disease or periodontal disease begins with bacterial growth in your mouth and may end — if not properly treated — with tooth loss as a result of the destruction of the tissue that surrounds your teeth. Here are some reasons why you should get regular dental checkups:
-If you have periodontal disease, your gums may become shallow or recede, which can cause tooth decay and other oral health problems.
-Periodontal disease is linked to other health conditions, such as heart disease and stroke.
-Having a periodontal disease can also increase your risk of infection by bacteria that can cause gum disease or pneumonia.
-Dental care providers can diagnose periodontal disease with a simple examination.
What is the cost of a dental check-up?
A dental check-up at Jackson Ave Dental clinic includes a teeth cleaning, any necessary x-rays, and a $200 out-of-pocket total expense. If you wanted an Invisalign consultation, it would also be part of that price.
Summing It Up!
Regular dental check-ups are important for both your overall oral health and your smile. Not only can you catch any problems early, but you can also get the treatment you need to maintain healthy teeth and gums. If you have any questions about your dental health or would like to schedule a check-up, please don’t hesitate to call at Jackson Ave Dental clinic.