If you plan to pursue a PhD degree, then Australia is a good choice. Of course, studying a PhD in Australia may not be suitable for everyone, so before making the decision, you need to know something about the PhD study in Australia.
Why Study a PhD in Australia?
Surely you wonder why studying a PhD? We know that your enthusiasm rises! Because your efforts have paid off, now it will be a more valuable contribution to scientific knowledge and the industry you join when it comes time to enter a discipline or field of study.
Do you know that the objective of the doctoral program is to provide new experiences for the growth of research? Well, we alert you! They do this through the high quality offers in education with expert teachers in all areas.
There is a detail in the doctorates in Australia: You will see the promotion of freedom of thought, criticism, innovation, in order to solve real world problems. It will give you experience when you start studying a PhD in Australia.
The topic of your research is the most important! Therefore, you must direct your interests with the teachers so that the agreements flow, there is time for the processing of the application for the doctorates in Australia With patience! Because the process is longer than for a magister.
Once you obtain your doctor’s degree, you can apply for a post-study work permit to stay working for up to 4 years in the country, enough for you to also apply for your residency.
Determine the university where you are going to study your doctorate in Australia, here are some of them:
- Australian National University
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of Sydney
- The University of New South Wales
- The University of Queensland
As for the courses that you can apply for, you can search via Course Finder.
Requirements to study a PhD in Australia
The requirements are part of your preparation to live in Australia as you set out to do. Therefore, you need to meet these requirements to study in Australia:
- Have the minimum level of English required by the university.
- Present a research proposal.
- Have relevant work experience.
- Have completed your master;s studies, maximum 10 years before.
- Bachelor’s degree with honors.
- Master’s degree in research.
- Relevant research experience.
- University career related to the doctorate you are going to study in Australia. As an applicant you must have extensive knowledge about a specific topic that you have investigated, that you are a specialist in the subject.
- If you are from a Hispanic country you will need to take an English proficiency exam, in any doctorate you aspire to enter in Australia.
- A degree as a master, with your final academic notes.
- Title of the degree, with the academic results.
- A CV certified by an English-speaking translator.
- IELTS or TOEFL exam, which guarantee your previous training in English.
- Cart where you state reasons for the studies.
- Economic resources.
- Recommendation letters from the university where you graduated and the company where you worked.
- A thesis proposal.
Cost to study a PhD in Australia
For international students, Australian universities maintain a full fee between AUD 30,000 and 35,000 per year. If your idea is for financing, it is difficult to get scholarships in Australian universities, due to the high demand of young people from all over the world. However, it is not impossible if your academic performance is high.
Duration of a PhD in Australia
In Australia, most PhD students are not required to attend classes every day. Simple! The most time you will spend developing your research, of course, in agreement with the tutor.
You will present a degree thesis with a relevant contribution to the area of study in an average period of approximately four to five years.
That’s all for studying a PhD in Australia. Do you think it is suitable for you? If you think it is the right choice for you, then don’t hesitate to take action then begin your PhD study. If you have any difficulty in the PhD application, you can jump to Course Application. It will guide you to complete the application more effectively.